Where did the "Barryvox" get its name? Barry the rescue dog!
Learn more here
One of the most capable and highest performing beacons on the market
Why Barryvox S?
Digital/analog combo device with three antennas. The new Barryvox® S has a large receiving bandwidth and an effective search strip width of 70 meters. It offers users a large, simple interface and intuitive operation. The Smart Search function provides clear instructions thanks to a simple operating concept and quick, precise searching.
The Barryvox® S includes the Rescue SEND function to protect non-searching rescuers. In the event of a secondary avalanche, the device automatically switches to SEND in order to locate buried rescuers. The Barryvox® S is also equipped with a Smart Search function, which interacts with the actions of searching rescuers.
Powerful, easy and fast
With a search strip width of 70 meters, the Barryvox S is one of the best devices in the world. We know that only an avalanche transceiver that is easy to use will save lives in an emergency, so we made fundamental improvements to the user-friendliness of the Barryvox S.
The new Barryvox S generation continues the faultless reliability that the previous avalanche transceivers were known for. At the same time, we have incorporated some major enhancements in terms of usability and performance. The new Barryvox S generation combines a highly powerful search with intuitive handling to help you find buried subjects quickly, easily and reliably.
The new Mammut Barryvox S avalanche transceiver not only has one of the largest receiving bandwidths and one of the widest safely usable search strips on the market; where it really stands out is its intuitive operation. Because we know that you will only be able to make best use of your device in an emergency if you can operate it practically with your eyes closed.
Height 27 mm
W-Link frequency 916-926 MHz
Width 67 mm
Length 115 mm
Battery life Alkaline: around 300 hours SEND|Lithium: around 400 hours SEND
Batteries included Yes
Sending frequency 457 kHz
Analog search strip width 100 m
Digital search strip width70 m
Buried subject marking mark|unmark
EN standards EN 300718
Warranty 2-year warranty; additional 3-year Mammut guarantee if registered year
Battery type Alkaline and lithium 3 x AAA 1.5 volt
Made in Switzerland 100% Made in Switzerland, produced and developed in Switzerland
- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- Digital receiving range: 70 meters
- Extended search range: extended receiving bandwidth (analog): up to 95 m; Extended search strip width (analog): 100 m
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving range for X and Y antennas
- Lithium-enabled: also works with lithium batteries: Less risk of leakage. More stable in low temperatures. Longer battery life (350 hours SEND)
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses
- Acoustic search guidance: allows the rescuer to visually search the avalanche field
- Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors
- Group test with clear instructions
- Visual interface: shows distance, direction and number of buried subjects
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Device tests: automatic self-test and function test
- Smart search interacts with rescuer`s action during the search, making searching simpler and more reliable
- Multiple buried subjects: digital signal processing in the event of several buried subjects
- Buried subjects can be selected from a list, marked (MARK) and unmarked (UNMARK)
- Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Rescue SEND: Protective function for non-searching rescuers. In the event of a secondary avalanche it automatically switches to SEND to allow the rescuer to be located
- Auto guidance: device continues to guide the rescuer to the buried subject in the event of signal failures or overlaps
- Vital data: 3D sensor helps the rescuer concentrate his or her resources on the buried subjects with the highest chance of survival
- Advanced search settings: individually configurable search settings: pro search, acoustic and visual guidance; automatic switching from search to send (Auto Revert)
- Alternative search mode (analog mode) helps in resolving demanding search scenarios
- Personalization: start screen and user texts (for example, owner information) can be personalized
- Attachment: includes highly functional Barryvox carrying system
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance
- Manage the device fleet via W-Link
- updatable software
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)