Grab your skis and explore the Coast Mountains. This is your guide to deep powder, endless glacier runs, alpine descents, cozy huts, couloirs and high level traverses. Includes everything from backcountry skiing, scenic tours, challenging ski ascents and long descents to difficult traverses across large icefields.
Exploring the Coast Mountains on Skis covers an area that stretches from the edges of the North Cascades in Washington State to the grand icefields of northern BC and the Alaska panhandle. Ski trips varying in length from one day to several weeks are described. Emphasis is placed on day and weekend trips to alpine areas near Vancouver, including popular trips near Whistler, Pemberton, Mt Baker and the Coquihalla highway. Remote ski trips to the large icefields and rugged summits that stretch north to Alaska are also described, as are shorter trips in the areas around Smithers, Stewart and Terrace in northern BC.
- Completely revised and updated
- Expanded to cover the entire Coast Mountains
- Describes more than 300 trips
- Day trips and weekend trips
- Wilderness expeditions
- Huts and backcountry lodges
- Information on trip planning, snow conditions and more
- ATES terrain ratings for every trip
- Over 700 photographs
- 26 maps