Hyperstatic cord, ultra-light and compact, designed for skiers doing crevasse rescue, rappelling or roping up on a glacier
RAD LINE 6 mm is an ultra-light and compact cord, designed for skiers doing crevasse rescue, rappelling or roping up on a glacier. Hyperstatic and with rough-textured sheath for excellent grip, it facilitates rope maneuvers and handling.
- Ultra-light: only 22 grams per meter
- Specific sheath construction:
- compatible with the TIBLOC and MICRO TRAXION ascenders, thanks to the special Dyneema® and aramid-reinforced sheath
- rough-textured sheath for better handling and descent control when rappelling, and to aid in braking when arresting a crevasse fall
- Hyperstatic: cord elongation of less than 2 %, to facilitate and improve efficiency of rescue maneuvers, and also to eliminate the yo-yo effect during rappels or fall arrest in a crevasse
NB : a precise description of the possible uses for this cord is found in the RAD SYSTEM Product Experience (available at www.petzl.com).
- Diameter: 6 mm
- Weight per meter: 22 g
- Material(s): polypropylene, Dyneema®, aramid
- Certification(s): CE EN 564
- Static elongation: less than 2 %